Central Processing Unit (CPU) – CPU is considered as the brain of the Computer. It is also called a microprocessor. It is the fastest and costly unit of the computer system. All major calculations and comparisons are made inside the CPU. CPU Converts all the supplied input into the required output as per the instructions supplied by the user. The performance and the speed of the computer mainly depend upon the type of microprocessor installed in it.
Central Processing Unit (CPU)
With CPU, there exists a temporary storage location known as registers. These are used for storage of smaller data up to 64 bits. Registers are being used for faster data supply to the processor for processing. The number, size, and capacity of the register in a CPU can affect the processing power.
The CPU further contains Two Units –
- A control unit is a major component of the computer which helps in the functioning of the central processing unit and in turn, runs the whole computer.
- The control unit works as a supervisor of the monitor in the system. it supervises or controls all the activities of various functional units of the computer.
- It fetches transfers the required instructions from the main memory, interprets them and then send them to ALU for processing.
- It controls the execution of an instruction in a sequential order.
- It works as a central nervous system of the computer it controls the flow of data to and from the main memory.
- It sends and receives control signals from various peripheral devices.
- It ensures that data reaches the correct place at the correct time.
ALU (Arithmetic & Logical Unit)
- The function of ALU is to perform the actual calculations on the computer. It performs arithmetic (addition, Subtraction, multiplication, & division) and logical (Comparison or decisions) Calculations in the computer.
- In some Computer processors, the ALU is divided into two distinct parts, the AU And LU. The AU performs the arithmetic operations and the LU performs the logical operations.
- ALU has internally two temporary registers into which the incoming data from memory is loaded and then operated.
SKjano, We hope you enjoy this post related to the Central Processing Unit (CPU). If you have any questions related to this post, then you can comment on us below or Contact Us on Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org Also. Follow Us On Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
Post List – Block Diagram Of Computer System, Memory (Storage Unit), DataTypes in C Language, Basic Components Of Computer, Features of PowerPoint 2010, 10 things About RTE Act 2009, What Is C++ Language, What Is RTE Act 2009, Right To Education (RTE) Act 2009 | About RTE Information, Parts Of PowerPoint Window